Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi everyone:

I am a returning autocrosser after a long absence, too long.  To give you an idea how long it’s been, my helmet is Snell 2000.  I need a new helmet, but not sure where I can buy one.  I live in Hudson, CO, which is about 30 miles north of Denver.  I would really like to try before I buy.  Can anyone recommend where a speed shop where I can buy a Snell 2020 helmet?  I think I only need an open face helmet since I’m just planning on autocrossing.  Any help is appreciated.  Sorry for the old-newbie question.

Thanks,

John

Matt LeicesterMatt Leicester
    Participant

Trying on helmets is a problem in these days of Covid-19, bring a balaclava or a head sock if you want to try helmets on in person.  Which of course, you do!  In Snell M rated helmets (Motorcycle ratings, still legal for autocross), open face helmets have all but disappeared.  You can still find SA rated open face pretty reasonably priced, but I do not know if local shops carry any, SA helmets usually are a order online thing.  You can also use  ECE rated helmets for autocross, which more of the  motorcycle helmets are going to instead of Snell ratings, for ECE you need either 22.05 or R22.05 rated.

Matt Leicester

Ben JollyBen Jolly
    Participant

Wine Country Motorsports has a store near County Line Rd and I-25, my favorite for local racing gear. They are very friendly and a big supporter of our sport.

A bit of a drive from Hudson, but you might good a good discount on a SA2015 helmet as the SA2020s are out now.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.