Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS Announcements Solo Safety Steward Webinar Training Schedule

Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS Announcements Solo Safety Steward Webinar Training Schedule

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author

Solo Safety Steward Webinar Training Schedule 2022 Schedule (additional dates will be added as they become available)

Solo Safety Steward training is required for initial training to become a Solo Safety Steward and also counts as continuing education to renew your Solo Safety Steward license.

Please register for the training session you would like to be part of. Once registered an email will be automatically sent to you with the webinar login information.

Tuesday, March 1, 2022 – 8:00 p.m. Central

Wednesday, March 16, 2022 – 7:00 p.m. Central

Thursday, April 7, 2022 – 8:00 p.m. Central

Tuesday. May 10, 2022 – 8:00 p.m. Central

john bonvouloirjohn bonvouloir
    Participant

Thanks John!

Here’s the link for those wanting to register:  SSS Training classes

John VictoriaJohn Victoria

Thanks JB, I should have posted the link along with the schedule…

Ben JollyBen Jolly
    Participant

How often does one need to go through the training to stay current?

Tom JohnstonTom Johnston
    Participant

Ben,

Your SSS license is good for three years, expiration date will be on the back of your SCCA membership card and also on your profile on the SCCA site.

You also need to serve as an event SSS five times during that three-year period.

Please let me know your SSS expiration date and I can update my spreadsheet.

Thanks,

Tom

Mick RosacciMick Rosacci
    Participant

Howdy John, I was part of the safety steward zoom class this week and have the application in hand.  The application guideline for a new 3 year SSS License is “Two Training Events and one continuing education and requires signatures from Divisional Solo Safety Steward and Solo Safety Instructor.”   The Powerpoint from the class says “Attend a training seminar.  Act as a deputy SSS for two (2) Solo events. Do it in two (2) different days.  Fill out the application and submit to your Divisional SSS and SCCA National office.

Sorry for the bother, but I am not quite clear on what to do next.  I am thinking the zoom class was a continuing education and now I need to be a Deputy SSS for two Training Events and then I can get signatures and turn in the application, does this sound right?  Should I attend one of the upcoming online classes or maybe they are all the same?

I’m signed up for the next event and if applicable I’d like to do more training as a deputy, or please suggest my next step.  Hope to see you and the Fiat next weekend!  Mick Rosacci

Ben JollyBen Jolly
    Participant

Tom,

My card says 3 yr SSS on the back, however it lists my renewal date of 4/30/22 as the expiration. Of course I am renewing my SCCA membership, so it should be good for a while.

I would be happy to work any of the events I do this year. I lack the funding or child care to do very many this year, currently I have PPIR 6/26 and 7/23 and CASP 9/18. I will be at the Evolution School on the 6/4 too, but I don’t think we need safety stewards for that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.