Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS General Autocross Discussion SOLO SAFETY STEWARD TRAINING

Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS General Autocross Discussion SOLO SAFETY STEWARD TRAINING

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author

The next Solo Safety Steward webinar/online training will be on Monday July 27 at 9pm MDT, if you’re interested and have 2 years of autox experience please register. Training takes about 1 hour, this training also covers your SSS license renewal so if you’re getting close to the your expiration date take a look at the training dates and get yourself signed up, I could use a few more Safety Stewards. Thanks

To preregister, go to SCCA site do a search for SSS training 2020.

Monday July 27, 9pm MDT

Thursday September 17, 6pm MDT

Thursday November 19, 9pm MDT

Training dates for Junior Driver Program (JDP) Youth Steward. 2 Hours, 1hr for JDP Kart course Design, 1hr for JDP Kart Tech Inspection.

Thursday June 18, 6pm MDT

Thursday August 20 9pm MDT

Monday October 26 6pm MDT

John HonnoldJohn Honnold
    Participant

Hi John:

Apparently, I am not very good at navigating the SCCA website since I am not able to find the SSS training 2020 you described.  A couple of items do popup, but neither seems to show the training you described.  The the next training is Sept. 16 and I would like to attend, but I am not able to find where I can register.  Can you give me more information on where I can register for the next Safety Steward webinar?

Thanks,

John Honnold

Ben JollyBen Jolly
    Participant

I took the course back on July 27th. I am a little hazy on the details of what I need to do afterwards, but I would definitely like to start learning this job. Who do I need to talk to start getting trained for this position?

Tom JohnstonTom Johnston
    Participant

Ben,

The next thing to do is shadow a safety steward for two events then submit a form to the Regional Solo Safety Steward, Mark Mauro, to sign and send in to national HQ.  Normally I collect the sheet and forward it on to Mark. What class do you normally run and your number, that way John and I can flag you to work a heat as a shadow.

Thanks,

Tom

Ben JollyBen Jolly
    Participant

Tom,

I run in STR and my number is usually 43.

Not sure if I’ll make it to the Car Control Clinic this month, car is 2′ in the air with no suspension components attached at the moment. If everything goes according to plan it should be together in time.

I am planning on attending several events next season.

Thanks,

Ben J

Tom JohnstonTom Johnston
    Participant

Ben,

Good luck with the project, been there my self.  reach out to John and me when you will be available and we’ll get you scheduled for the shadows.

Tom

Ben JollyBen Jolly
    Participant

I am not going to be able to make the Car Control Clinic. The car will be together but not aligned yet.

The other issue is my car just got a complete new exhaust. Since it sounds like we are trying to get that Highlands Ranch site back, I’d feel a lot better going there after I have run past the sound meters at some other venues first, as the exhaust I have put into my car does have a reputation for being loud. Given that my other hobbies are also noisy I understand how challenging it is to get a site and I don’t want to do anything to harm that effort.

I should be at the Winter Series 2 event at PPIR though.

Ben JollyBen Jolly
    Participant

The car is finished and aligned, I am signed up for the event on the 6th of Dec at PPIR.
    Hopefully we can still run the event with the restrictions the county is under.

Ben JollyBen Jolly
    Participant

I will be unable to come to the Dec 6th event due to a family issue. Y’all have fun, I’ll be there soon…

Tom JohnstonTom Johnston
    Participant

Ben,

Thanks for letting John and I know, we’ll work you in at other events.

Later,

Tom

John VictoriaJohn Victoria

Hi Ben

Sorry I’m a little behind getting back to you, hope all is well with you and family.

Thanks for getting your SSS training done and no problem we’ll get you worked in to do some shadowing.

John

Ben JollyBen Jolly
    Participant

John,

I am signed up for a few events including the 9th and 22nd of May.

Family is doing well, it can be challenging caring for a stubborn cranky toddler. I have managed to arrange childcare for the majority of my events this season so my wife won’t be stuck with the kid all on her own, that should make a difference.

John VictoriaJohn Victoria

Ben

Hope to see at the 5/9 event you should be able to shadow for your work assignment, when you check in ask the Chief of workers if it would be ok to shadow as your work assignment. You will need to shadow 2 events than submit a SSS request form, myself or Tom Johnston will be able to help with that.

John

Ben JollyBen Jolly
    Participant

I have asked them in the thread and I will ask on site too.

Should be an interesting day, weather is almost certainly going to be a factor from a safety standpoint. Hopefully it will just be rain showers…does RMSolo carry a lightning detector, or do we rely on the PPIR or CASP staff for that?

Ken HammackKen Hammack

I don’t think either has a lighting detector which we can access.  I keep my eye on the MyRadar app and the sky.  The Solo Chairs have always done a great job of keeping us safe in the past and I expect nothing less at our future events.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.