Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS Off Topic Question about forum

Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS Off Topic Question about forum

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

If there is a FAQ about this forum, I apologize – I could not find it. So, I am just going to ask my question here: how to edit posts? It is usually quite obvious, but I wasn’t able to figure out how to edit my posts once they are posted. Could that functionality be disabled for me?

Thanks!
    Kamen

Kamen GuentchevKamen Guentchev
    Participant

Oh, now I can see I am able to edit this post, but not others. Could it be that posts in certain forums cannot be edited? If so – which ones?

Kamen

Ann CriquiAnn Criqui
    Keymaster

Hi Kamen, you should be able to edit your own posts, but not the posts of others. If you let me know where (which forums or posts) you are seeing a discrepancy, and if you are able to provide screenshots, I would be happy to look into it further.

Participant

Hi, Ann,

Thank you for responding to my question! I have never tried to edit anybody else’s posting, but I certainly was not able to edit my first two posts in the “General autocross discussion” forum. Strangely enough, when I made the post above, I could see the “Edit” button on it – but not on my other posts –  so I assumed it may have been forum-specific. However, now I don’t see an “edit” button even on this post here, so it seems to be a different kind of issue. I am attaching a screen-capture of my page view so you could see what I see. I don’t remember what I was seeing the other day when I was able to edit the post, but I but I believe there was an “Edit” button right by the “REPLY” and post number links; now you can see there is no such button, or any other obvious way to edit my messages. I hope this helps in identifying the problem. Thank you for your support!

Kamen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

The same thing is happening again: I can edit the post I just made, but not any of the older ones. Could it be that the board only allows editing until somebody else posts, or after a certain amount of time? See the “Edit” button on my recent post.

Kamen

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

…and now the edit button (from the capture above) is gone! There seems to be a timeout, like a time window within which one can edit their posts, after which they become read-only.

Not that it’s a big issue, but in a couple of dozens of years of using forums, this is one of a handful I see do that, and the only one where it seems it is not by design.

Kamen

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.