Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello! This is my first year doing autox and Ive only been to 1 event. Im pretty sure I classed my car incorrectly (STH) but after lots of reading Im pretty sure im in DSP due to catless downpipe.

unfortunately I had a small animal take out my front bumper and intercooler so I was thinking about upgrading to an RS front bumper and bigger intercooler. I think the intercooler is fine for DSP, but I the RS is not in the same class as an ST so I dont think its allowed to put the RS bumper on the ST. Can anyone help me with some clarrification?

Mods: K & N air filter, catless downpipe, Ford Racing PCM calibration, Upgraded diverter valve, Upgraded torque mount, upgraded Intercooler (coming soon), Short Shifter

Matt LeicesterMatt Leicester
    Participant

The intercooler is fine in DSP for sure.  As far as the bumper, if the RS bumper is lighter than the ST, that is probably not legal.  If the RS bumper is the same weight or more, you are probably okay?  What is the advantage of the RS bumper over the ST?

Matt Leicester

Reuben BrownReuben Brown
    Participant

I dont know of a weight difference and it would mostly be just for the style of the bumper. The only “benefit” would be a bigger opening for the intercooler. I couldnt find a rule on swapping bumpers on dsp, only modifying for tire clearance and that swapping parts from a similar model year is ok as long as its on the same line in the appendix for classing. But the rs is a completely different class.

I like the more aggressive styling of the rs bumper and I could do the swap for about what it’ll cost to replace my bumper anyways

Matt LeicesterMatt Leicester
    Participant

If your end goal is to run National level events, use the ST bumper.  If your goal is to have a pile of fun playing with your car locally, the RS bumper is likely fine. SP gives some allowances for body kits that do not improve performance, as long as you are not removing 50 pounds from the nose of the car by using a bumper that looks nicer, go for it…

Matt Leicester

Reuben BrownReuben Brown
    Participant

Thanks for your input! Now the race to getting her finished by the 30th 🙃

Reuben BrownReuben Brown
    Participant

Next question, sticking with my oe St bumper but looking at a better looking grill, but it requires removing the white piece that comes up in the center and opens up the front and. Under street prepared, it says you cant modify the bumper inboard of the wheel hub plane, so would doing that modification bump me or is that another one of those depends on who looks at it?

Reuben BrownReuben Brown
    Participant
    Reuben BrownReuben Brown
    Participant
    Reuben BrownReuben Brown
    Participant

White ST is mine (grills out to show whats being taken out)  and Gray is kind of what im looking at doing

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.