Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS Introductions Finally getting into Autocross

Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS Introductions Finally getting into Autocross

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello!

I’ve decided to finally give autocross a whirl.  Not sure what took me so long.  As a longtime car/driving enthusiast but total motorsport beginner (save for the occasional go-karts), any pointers as to class and events would be super appreciated.  I’ll be running my stock Fiesta ST with an extra half inch of tire all the way around but no other mods.

Sonya MorganSonya Morgan
    Participant

Welcome.. and I am sure someone will sign on and direct you to the correct class.. if you happen to register for an event and select the wrong class, that can always be changed. I am not sure where the Fiesta ST goes my guess would be HS- as long as the width of your wheels themselves were stock.

As far as events- just sign up! One thing to remember, bring a cooler with lots of water, and usually a lunch, you’ll need a sun hat and sunscreen..you’ll run a heat and work a heat, so that can mean standing on the course shagging cones in the heat. There will usually be a novice walk  of the course before the event, and I suggest walking it more than once.. there are also people who can hop into your car and help you- it can appear as a sea of cones when you start. But come out and  have fun, and you will soon be addicted to autocross. Everyone is pretty helpful.

Patrick SullivanPatrick Sullivan
    Participant

Nathan P

What no Photos – From one NOOB to another

Nathan PNathan P
    Participant

Thanks for the advice!  I’ll take a look at the event calendar.  I am running aftermarket wheels, so that’s why the extra width.  No worries if that bumps me out of the HS class you mentioned, I’m happy running wherever as long as I get to wheel around and have some fun.  Oh and here’s the only good photo I have currently:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.