Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS Event Details February 18 – Winter Series #1 (CASP)

Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS Event Details February 18 – Winter Series #1 (CASP)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    Jeffrey HugoJeffrey Hugo

Note this is now Feb 18th

Jon KuoJon Kuo

Run/Work

Run 1/Work 2
    AS BS CAMC CAMS CAMT DS ES P SS SST STS X

Run 2/Work 1
    CS HS S STH STR STU STX XA XB

Heat 1
    Supervisor: Jon Kuo
    Radio: Mark Coleman
    Computer: Nick Chimento
    Log: Bev Landdeck
    Scanner:
    Heat 2
    Supervisor:
    Radio: James Darden
    Computer: Jeannette Wicks
    Log: Chris Whitney
    Scanner:

Jeffrey HugoJeffrey Hugo

Hi folks,

Not an notice I want to send out, nor do I want to do it this late, but here we are.

The event tomorrow is canceled.

Had a talk with the airport. The pad has 3″ of snow on it, but then a thick layer of ice under. The airport is unable to plow/treat the surface as they are focused on emergency weather processes for the aviation activities. The airport is not confident that all the snow will melt, and even if it does, none of it will evaporate which will leave us with an ice rink tomorrow. We’ve handled some snow and ice before, but not like this. The airport came short of basically saying they will lock us out if we try to come tomorrow.

Sadly, this is winter in Colorado. We usually are lucky, but this time, we are not.

I’ll look into seeing if we can reschedule at a later date. If that happens, we’ll make further announcements.

Sorry about this. Stay warm, stay safe, and we’ll see you at the next event.

Jeff Hugo
    SCCA Colorado Region Solo Chair

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.