Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author

So, technically we’ve still had our previous covid restrictions in place.  After reviewing health guidelines, discussing with sites, the national office, and other things, we are revising our guidelines to be “following the guidelines of the local health authority”.  Currently this means masks for the unvaccinated (hopefully you’ve all gotten a shot though), optional masks for everyone else.  It also means spectators are back, and loaner helmets again.

We’ll be monitoring things as we go, but hopefully things continue to improve and we return to “normal”.

Jeff/Jason/Clay

Dave WooleverDave Woolever
    Participant

Thanks for the update Jeff. June 13, 2021 at CASP was my first time back in a year and a half, so I wasn’t sure what to expect regarding face masks and other COVID-19 related restrictions. I was a bit surprised to see that I was virtually the only person wearing a face mask all day and there was no mention of COVID-19 restrictions during the drivers meeting that day.

Based on what I saw, I guess that means everyone was vaccinated. That would be great if it were true. Just so everyone is aware, there is another category other than just being vaccinated or not. As in my situation, I am fully vaccinated but I am immuno-compromised due to having an incurable cancer. Therefore, the effectiveness of my vaccination is very questionable. Per guidance from my cancer doctor, I should wear a mask even though I am fully vaccinated. Pardon me if I also keep my distance.

Still undecided if I will continue to race or not.

Kamen GuentchevKamen Guentchev
    Participant

Just because of situations like yours, I always try to wear a mask everywhere. I had mine that day but it was so hot, and no one else was wearing one, so I gave up at one time. However, if I had approached you at any time, seeing you wearing your mask, I would have whipped mine from the pocket and donned it on my face. I am so sorry for your condition, I hope you get better!

Kamen

Dave WooleverDave Woolever
    Participant

Thanks Kamen for your concern and understanding. I appreciate your awareness and respect for my situation. I’m still hoping to return at some point.

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.