Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS Novice Help / Getting Started Couple of classification questions

Welcome to Rocky Mountain Solo FORUMS Novice Help / Getting Started Couple of classification questions

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Howdy, all!

So I’m pondering getting involved in the local autocross series, so I (of course) have the usual classification questions. I also have a pile O parts in the garage that I’m curious if I should install before or after my first race season…

So without further ado… The question of the past and future class!

My car is a 2008 Saturn Sky Redline. The first question is: Can I run her without adding a roll bar?

The unofficial classing tool seemed to indicate she’d be Street A in stock form, which she is, except for aftermarket chassis bracing in the engine bay, transmission tunnel and rear suspension attachment points. I didn’t see any mention of that affecting classification, but I’m still reading.

I do have a set of single adjustment coilovers from BCRacing sitting in the garage. Will those affect my class, if I *don’t* adjust ride height?

I also have a short shifter kit awaiting install, and I didn’t see anything in the classifier questions that seemed to indicate that would be a problem. Thoughts?

Anywho, that’s all I got for the moment. Thanks in advance for any and all input, advice or suggestions!

Merlyn

Ken HammackKen Hammack

Hi Merlyn, if someone else, who knows more than me about classing, doesn’t doesn’t post, just make your best guess about your class and you can change it when you check in if necessary.

Jeffrey HugoJeffrey Hugo

>Can I run her without adding a roll bar?
    Yes

>except for aftermarket chassis bracing in the engine bay, transmission tunnel and rear suspension attachment points. I didn’t see any mention of that affecting classification
    This impacts classing

>Will those affect my class, if I *don’t* adjust ride height?
    Yes

>I also have a short shifter kit awaiting install
    Also impacts classing

I suggest coming out and running XB. Have fun. We can get into the nuances of classing in person at an event.

Suraj PradhanSuraj Pradhan

Hey Merlyn,

If you put the coilovers and short shifter on your Saturn Sky Redline, you should be able to run SST class locally.

Cheers,

Brian KellyBrian Kelly

SST or CAMS would both be good fits for your car. There are a couple other Kappas locally that run CAMS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.