Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi,

I’m looking to start autocrossing my 2013 Mini Clubman S but at the moment I have aftermarket rims on the car that are slightly bigger and wider than stock (17″ 205/45 for current vs. 16″ 195/55 for stock). I was just wondering if this would make my car ineligible for DS just so I know whether or not to throw the stock wheels back on before the next event.

Thanks in advance!

Matt LeicesterMatt Leicester
    Participant

In the Street classes (stock), you are allowed one inch change in wheel diameter up or down, no change allowed in WHEEL width, and +/- 7mm of offset change.  Any tire you can stuff on a legal wheel is allowed.  So if your stock rims are 16 x 6″ and you went to 17 x 6″, that would be fine.  If you went from 16 x 6″ to 17 x 6.5″, even that small change is not allowed.  The tire size does not matter, only the wheel.  If you somehow managed to stuff a 315 wide tire on your legal 6 inch rim, we would all be amazed and congratulate you on finding the magic tire shop, but it would still be legal.

Matt Leicester

Matt GrimmMatt Grimm
    Participant

Alright, thanks a ton! New wheels are an inch wider so it looks like the stock rims will be finding their way back onto the car.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.