Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

I was wondering, what is the oldest Snell rating. On a helmet allowed by RM-Solo at this time.

thanks for the help

W/r

Patrick Sullivan

John VictoriaJohn Victoria

Hi Patrick

Here is the latest from SCCA…2005 helmets are done and 2010 are good for autox only. I hope this helps and if you have any questions please let me know, I will get back to you a lot quicker next time.

When the calendar rolls over to a new year, many other things roll with it – a new set of rules may go into effect, or the season planning may take on a higher priority. But one of the most important may be the legality and safety of your helmet, and 2022 is no different.

As of January 1, 2022, all 2005-rated helmets from Snell and SFI (SA2005, M2005 or K2005; SFI 31.1/2005 or 41.1.2005 for example) as well as BSI are no longer allowed in SCCA activities — that includes Solo, RallyCross, Time Trials and Track Events. (For the Road Racing program, SA2010 and FIA 8860-2004-certified helmets have also reached the end of their eligibility.)

This year, there’s an additional important change to keep in mind — for the end of 2022. As of December 31 of this year, no ECE-rated helmets will be accepted in any SCCA program. It’s likely that this change only matters to a few, but keep reading if you’re interested to learn why these will not be allowed starting in 2023.

You will have to go to SCCA’s website where you will find more information on helmets.

Cheers

Patrick SullivanPatrick Sullivan
    Participant

Sir John!

Thank you for the “actually” prompt response, and additional information. I am looking for a Helmet and trying to get the best bang for the $$. I can’t a reason to get a 2010 helmet. Next stop 2020 or better.

w/r

Patrick.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Participant

Does RM-SOLO, do any gatherings in November and beyond ?  Another Noob question!

w/r

Patrick Sullivan

Attachments:
    Ken HammackKen Hammack

We will have events about once a month until the next warm weather season starts (then it goes back to about twice a month).  The winter schedule (which doesn’t have any trophies, its just for fun) should be posted toward the end of our current season.  We usually have a year end awards banquet after the summer season is over, but because of covid we have not had it for a few years.  Not sure if we will have one this year or not.

Participant

Thank You

Ken, I am still trying to get any of the outings, not much luck yet, thats why I was asking

w/r

Patrick Sullivan

Attachments:
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.