Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hello All

My Name is Patrick Sullivan

I live here in “Saudi” Aurora CO. I tried to race. Cyclekarts, with little or no sucess, my cover photo is the Ferrari D-50 replica I constructed, in my tiny one car garage. I since have given up cyclekarts, selling the one pictured. My second photo is an 89 Fox Body convertible. I’d love to do some auto-cross with it before she rusts away. It is street legal, and nothing but a 4 cylinder. I’d appreciate any pointer/information on getting started. And yes you can make fun of my FORD. I do

W/r Patrick  Sullivan

Matt LeicesterMatt Leicester
    Participant

Hiya Patrick!

Welcome to the addiction!  I started in a Toyota pickup in 1977, you are starting out much better with a Mustang!  We would need to know what modifications have been done to your Mustang to point you in the direction of a class, but we for sure will have a place for you to run.  Nobody bites, and we are all out to enjoy ourselves.  Hope to see you out at an event!  Colorado Air and Space Port events are a very short drive from Aurora, come out and watch if you want to get your toes wet before you jump in and drive.  But really?  Jump in…

Matt Leicester

Patrick SullivanPatrick Sullivan
    Participant

Hello! Matt Leicester.

All I have done is repair stock items. No hot rodding, It is fuel injected,  Automatic Transmission, I even disconnected the A/C  to squeeze out a pinch more hp.. Lol.

I can’t find any information, about convertible’s/roll bars anything like the. I know in Rally Cross, No Convertibles allowed at all. could you advise me. Also, I saw Mustangs in Class D Street, F Street, But I saw a 1987 in C.A.M. (Classic American Muscle) In Class T and C, However I don’t think my 4 banger with Fuel Injection classifies as a muscle car !!

Thanks in advance for chatting with me & the help (if you can)

w/r

Patrick Sullivan

Ken HammackKen Hammack

Convertibles are welcome (I have one).  The CAM class is about the style of car, not the engine size.  I’m not a class expert, but maybe someone else will help with your classing, if not, just register in the class you thing you should be in.  You can also change classes during registration if necessary.

Participant

Super Matt.

I mean it. You are a super hero I got more information in one message, in 2 days than I got in 2 years in Cyclekarts.

That what I’ll do, sign up for street D or something and see what registration says..

Super hero

Thanks very much

w/r

Patrick Sullivan

Participant

Thanks

Ken Hammack, sorry I didn’t notice, your, name my bad. I am thrashing on my car. I am going to do like You and Matt said

show up with my ride and jump in .. Waiting on parts right now I am hoping for the July gathering at the space port. Hope to see you & Matt there

W/r

Patrick Sullivan

Chelsea TattershallChelsea Tattershall

You could run CAMT and do what ever 200tw tires and wheels you want.

Matt LeicesterMatt Leicester
    Participant

The four cylinder Mustangs are in D Street, but overall you are likely to have more fun with the CAM-T gang, plenty of Fox body Mustangs.  And classic Mustangs, including an incredible 1965 Fastback that has been in that family since it was new.  And the odd Camaro or even a Monte Carlo once in awhile.  The only rule is to have fun!

If you want to say Hi or take a ride in something definitely NOT a CAM Mustang, I am in a blue Miata with a white stripe in E Street.

Matt Leicester

Participant

Matt Leicester.

I like me a Miata. Cute little buggies. I look forward to taking a ride. I think you’re right I think I will go with CAM-T, like you suggest. I become more excited about auto cross; with every step I take getting the car ready, and every note I get from you, and others in regard to the sport.

w/r

Patrick Sullivan

I added a photo / mug shot to my cover..

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ken HammackKen Hammack

If you can make it down to PPIR on the 26th, you can get some rides down there in my M Roadster.  The two sites are very different.

Participant

Dang I’d love that

What kind of $ would I need. my allowance getting thin. + I don’t have a Snell helmet. However, let me know I’ll check my mad Money too

w/r

Patrick Sullivan

Participant

Ken Hammack

Sadly, I will have to pass on your offer. However, I will be at the space port! And I thank you for the offer.

I look forward, to meet with all of the folks involved

w/r

Patrick Sullivan

Ken HammackKen Hammack

We have loaner helmets you can use until you get your own.

Participant

Thank’s

I didn’t know they had loaners, but I am scrambling to get my Mustang done. Waiting on the parts kids. And looking at my tires

I really want to drive, my own wreck.

w/r

Patrick

Ken HammackKen Hammack

Good luck with the parts in our current environment. (c;

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 1 (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.