Getting Started with RMSolo Registration - RMSolo Discussion Forums
Rocky Mountain Solo Logo
Join Now! Colorado Region Continental Divide Region SCCA Home Riptide Hosting AutoHaus of Boulder
Old 04-01-2009, 02:58 PM   #1
Randy Hickman
Username: Randy Hickman
Senior Forum Member

Default Getting Started with RMSolo Registration

Before registering, make sure that you have added rmsolo.org to your safe-sender's list! One of the most common problems that comes up is that our confirmation email ends up in a spam filter!

1. Establishing an RMSolo Account:

- Go to the RMSolo website (www.rmsolo.org)
- Click the "Registration" link on the left side of the page
- Click the "Create Your Own Account" link near the top of the page
- Fill in the requested information. Note that an SCCA membership number is not required to establish an account.
- Click "Submit Form" at the bottom of the page. You now have an RMSolo account!
- Click the "Registration" link again, and sign in to your account using the Sign-in name and Password you specified on the registration form.

2. Determine your car's class

- Near the bottom of the Registration page, click the "Click here" link that's preceded by "Don't know what class your car is in? To go to Jerry Mouton's Solo2 Class page”
- Scroll down to the "Stock Category sorted by Make" link and click it.
- Find your car, and note the class designation. If your car is completely stock, it’s pretty straightforward. The more mods your car has the more “challenging” properly classing your vehicle will be. Also note that your car may be eligible for more than one class. There are some general guidelines on Jerry Mouton’s website, but for the whole story, you can download the National Solo rules from the RMSolo website. If you’re having trouble figuring out your car’s class, your best bet is to sign on to the RMSolo Forums and post a request for help classing your car to the Novice or General Autocross forums with a complete description of your car and it’s mods.

3. Pick a number for your car.
- Return to the Registration page and click the "Car Registry" link

- Click and read the "instructions on using/reserving numbers" This will explain our numbering system.
- At the bottom of the "My Cars and Numbers" page, click the "View master list of reserved numbers" link
- Scroll down the list to your car's class and note the numbers that are already taken. You can claim any number that is NOT already on the list for your car. That number will be yours for the entire season
- Click the link at the top of the page to return to the Car Registry page
- Click the "Register a Car" link
- Fill in the required information, and click the "Add Car" link
- Your car will appear on the page
- Click the "Add a number" link next to your car's listing
- Fill in the "SCCA Class" and "Number to Add"
- Check the box below the "number to Add" window. This will reserve the "co-driver" version (your number plus 100) for your number in case you may want to let someone else drive your car as a co-driver in the future.
- Your car, with it's designated number and class should now appear on the "My car and numbers" page. At this point, you have now successfully registered your car.

4. To register for an event:
- Click on the "Registration" link on the "menu bar" on the left side of the screen
- Click the "Registration" link under "My Season"
- Make sure the radio button for your car is selected (Should be a default if you only have one car in your registry)
- Add tire and sponsor information (optional)
- Add work preference (optional). Work preference is just that, a preference, and does not guarantee that you'll get that assignment. The Chief of Workers makes those assignments and may not be able to fulfill everyone's preference.
- Add Special request if appropriate. Special requests are things like "I need to run early/late in the day if possible" Again, we can't always accommodate special requests.
- Click the "Register for Event" link at the bottom of the page. Congratulations!!! You've registered. A confirmation page will pop up showing the information record for that registration. If you need to make a change, click "make modifications". If you find out after registering, that you won't be able to attend an event you've registered for, please unregister by clicking the "Remove your registration" link. After registering, you can click the link above your registration info to see who else is registered for the event (or verify your registration is removed if you've had to cancel). If you don't see your registration info under the appropriate class, contact the administrator at ord@rmsolo.org
Team Oddball
How do you find a porcupine in the dark?

Last edited by Randy Hickman; 04-16-2010 at 01:08 PM..
Randy Hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Randy Hickman
Username: Randy Hickman
Senior Forum Member

I've been getting a lot of questions lately about registering for the first time, so I thought I'd give this thread a bump.

Welcome to RMSolo!
Team Oddball
How do you find a porcupine in the dark?
Randy Hickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #3
Dwight Dongog
Username: armada14arv
Senior Forum Member

how do you double enter a car
#30 STC

if you are slow you just need to be faster...everywhere
armada14arv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 04:33 PM   #4
Shaun Salyards
Username: SuperWhiteGT4
Senior Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by armada14arv
how do you double enter a car
A co-drive?

First person registers the car as normal.

Second person then registers the car, but when they choose a number, they should not reserve that number.
2008 Team Autocross Champions
2009 Team Autocross Champions

Email for Team Autocross- teamautocross@gmail.com
SuperWhiteGT4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #5
Terry Billings
Username: billinte

Default Woman's class or not?

My girlfriend is going to do the SpeedTrain class on the 9th then wants to run in the reg. auto-x event on the 10th. She'll be useing my car (STR #60) for both. My question is should she register in the woman's class or just in the STR class and use #160?
billinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #6
Mike Michaelson
Username: 47ford
Senior Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billinte View Post
My girlfriend is going to do the SpeedTrain class on the 9th then wants to run in the reg. auto-x event on the 10th. She'll be useing my car (STR #60) for both. My question is should she register in the woman's class or just in the STR class and use #160?
Her choice (or yours) doesn't really matter except that if she is in W & you are in STR you may run in different heats or the same heat, no way to know until after registration closes. If she runs in W I think she can run 60 or 160 (but someone who knows should verify). I'm sure the Ladies would love to have her in W, but I'm also certain the gang in STR will equally welcome her
COR Chief of Grid
47ford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 12:25 AM   #7
lydia white
Username: cupidsrose

Default hello everybody

hello everyone

RMSolo Discussion Forums > SpeedTrain/Novice Help